29 November 2007

finished three hats in the last week and a half.

two knit and one crocheted with a knitted band. all numbers based in the mala, 108 stitches or multiples (the big fuzzy hats from the lion brand chenille cody bought were 54 stitches on 8US circ's). I have used the hats to learn to knit on two circs for decreasing and it's super easy.

finished Tom's hat today, weeks before he gets here, and so I am confident about my other gift knitting - I think I'll make all the deadlines I've set. :) I have two finished scarves and a hat in my possession which need to be distributed before the holidays (and I have no money for postage so Billy's is just going to have to wait, even though it was finished first)...I have another scarf which has already been begun - and has a long section of one-row and some reversible cabling at the end to go. other than that, it's mittens and beanies for a couple more people (including myself), because the stuff I can make is actually useful and warm and fashionable finally (yay for watching the crowds at the mall on black friday drift by in clouds of hand-knitted items).

things here are good. get paid tomorrow for last weekend's work, and am planning to buy a landline phone for the house so I can get serious about the job thing.

woo!

No comments: